Monday, July 13, 2009

Truth of Tomorrow

I stand under the tree
The shadows of the world passing beneath.
I stand to ponder, and wonder
The fate, what it would be.

I want to scream and shout
The anger, I want to remove from within me.
I wait for the moment
The perfect one, it promised to be.
I get ready to leave
The despair I begin to feel.
I think about the times
The good ones there once used to be.

I stand and wait, a while more
The years go by, without the winds blow.
I am old and grey, ready to go
The death is near, heavens calling me indoor.

4 comments:

Ashwath Kirthyvasan said...

Death, thou can't touch me,
for I am your equal,
you can take my body away,
but not the essence,
you are just another state,
that I choose to embrace,
your whimsical nautre
doesn't threaten me,
for I understand that
life and death are one and the same.

:) I like your poem.

Anonymous said...

As blue oyster cult once famously sang, "Don't fear the reaper". you surpass your own talent with every post. keep up the GREAT work!

tejas suma shyam said...

Very good work Shruti. I liked the poem. I shan't be effusive to post another poem on yours, coz i think its better to soak in the melancholy :). Just a sanskrit quote(typed in lame english)- shariram suroopam tathava kalatram, yashah charu chitram dhanam merutulyam.Manaschenna lagnam guroranghri padme, tatah kim,tatah kim, tatah kim tatah kim ... hope to see many more blog posts from you :)

Kanta said...

Terrific...but then what else can I expect from you...now do post some more...