Sunday, July 26, 2009

Behind the Spirit

I walk the hills, and the barren lands,
With a passion in my eyes, a gun in my hands

Roads to freedom, the journey long and short,
The incessant firing, the sound of the impending calm

Cold winds blow and they hit me hard,
Violent and fierce, but I can’t scream, not even an ‘ah’

In my aim to protect my country,
I wonder what would happen if we go wrong

Banish the thought from my head,
With a promise to my motherland, I move on

The gun shots and the wounded friend,
I see them all with my two eyes, I am human I want to say out loud

I tell myself to be of stone, be invincible to it all,
A small prayer to God to let me see the end of the day

It all goes unanswered when I am shot in the head,
One last bullet I fire, take the one last step

To kill the enemy, that was the perfect aim,
Free my country from the bondages of Satan’s game

Heavens above call to me, for I have done my duty, they say
Protect the people I love down here, don’t let my sacrifice be in vain

8 comments:

Kanta said...

Very moving Shruts...I like it a lot...conveys emotions of a fallen heros very well.

Nithya said...

i think its awesome! feels like its actually written by someone who has experienced the pain..

Unknown said...

Hey! I didnt know you write... and so well!!! Great work! Love it! keep going! :)

shaz81 said...

Wonderful!!!

Doesn't matter said...

well written. one interesting thing, i don't know how much has the main stream media captured the 10 year kargil thing apart from a ndtv english running a show. The main stream media needs to get over reporting what our psycho politicians do all the time. I am proud of you, for the fact that you have expressed it. don't know how many youngsters respect the sacrifice given by our soldiers or even know of it.

Abhinav Bhushan said...

Neat !!

I really like the dilemma in between. What if I go wrong ??

Keep writing .

Regards
Abhinav

Anonymous said...

Pretty damn good.

teenu said...

sruti dat was damn gud..!!
keep up ur gud wrk :)